Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Virtual Untapped Workforce: Mental Health in the Workplace
Dec 3 START: 10:00 AM ENDS: 12:00 PM
The Employability Network is excited to invite you to our first virtual Untapped Workforce workshop. In November of 2019 many of you attended our Mental Health in the Workplace breakfast at the Benson Center. This really just scratched the surface of this topic and we know you are all eager to dig deeper. That is why we are working with Mental Health Works, a social enterprise of the Canadian Mental Health Association to bring you 2 of their Essentials workshops..
Join us on Thursday December 3rd from 10am to 12pm from the comfort of your home or office as we explore and learn tools to tackle Stress and anxiety and Mindfulness in the Workplace.
By the end of this workshop participants will:
- Be exposed to an accessible and evidence-based introduction to stress and anxiety
- Begin to understand stress and anxiety and the barriers that can be faced in the workplace
- Start to understand how to talk openly about anxiety
- Be exposed to an accessible and evidence-based introduction to the practice of mindfulness
- Understand what we can do to be grounded
- How to develop mindful practices to improve resiliency, and how businesses can create a culture of resiliency within their workplaces
How to Register:
- Simply confirm your attendance to Stephanie by November 27th. We will then forward all participants a Zoom link. Stephanie can be reached at email@example.com. to reserve your spot.
This event is made possible by our sponsor, the Eastern Ontario Training Board.