Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Hazards of Electricity NFPA 70E
Jun 9 START: 8:00 AM ENDS: 4:30 PM
Each year, electrical dangers in the workplace cause hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries. Hazards of Electricity is the key to saving lives, reducing liability, and avoiding loss due to electrical incidents. This course will target low voltage (<1000Volts AC/DC) systems and circuits that are common in manufacturing ,residential and commercial facilities .This course will supply you with the knowledge and tools to help set up and follow an electrical safety program, as well as help document safety procedures for compliance with OSHA 1910 Subpart S. Whether you're an employer responsible for personnel safety or an employee tasked with identifying and addressing electrical hazards, "Electrical Safe Work Practices", training is vital.
Upon completion you should be able to:
- Understand the interaction between NFPA 70E and OSHA requirement
- Define electrical safety hazards and how to protect against shock, electrocution and arc flash
- Identify safety policies and procedures employers are legally required to provide for their workers
- Describe the safety procedures needed to work safely while exposed to live circuits
- Determine arc flash PPE categories for many common workplace tasks and conditions
- Recognize the intent and limitations of personal protective equipment
- Describe requirements for energizing and de-energizing power circuits
- Identify the elements of an Electrical Hazard Analysis
- Use the NFPA 70E Arc Flash PPE Tables to determine Arc Flash PPE Category for various tasks
- Identify safety-related maintenance requirements for a wide range of electrical equipment, including those specific to batteries and battery rooms, electrical distribution equipment, and safety grounding equipment
- Identify the hazards to personnel working with equipment, and employee responsibilities
- Identify the updates and changes in the new NFPA 70-E 2018 standard.
Instructor: JOHN OLSEN, Blue Collar Safety & Technical Services
Hosted in Plattsburgh, NY at the North Country Chamber of Commerce, 7061 Route 9 Plattsburgh, NY 12901
- Registration fee includes cost of meals/refreshments
- Certificate of Achievement will be given to attendees for each class completed.
- Cancellation must be received 3 days before day of seminar and may be subject to refund charges & no shows will be charged
Cost to $26.00
If you have questions or concerns about registration, funding, or general inquiries please complete the contact form below.