Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Resource Library Services
Did you know that it only takes an employer a few seconds to get a first impression on an individual. Your resume is your first impression to an employer and what they see will determine whether or not you get an interview.
We assist you in determining what type of resume would best suit you, based on your employment goals and past experiences, how to use keywords to strengthen your resume in addition to formatting and structure of your professional looking resume.
JOB BOARD LISTINGS
Our Job Board lists postings from the local area, including:
- Mohawk Council of Akwesasne
- Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
- Akwesasne Mohawk Casino
- Mohawk Bingo Palace
- Job postings in various sectors of the economy in and around Akwesasne
- Aboriginal organizations (Ottawa, Toronto, etc)
Do you need help preparing for an interview? The interview is where you sell yourself, your skills and abilities to the prospective employer. It can be a little scary and intimidating, but with preparation and support, your nerves will be put at ease.
Job Finding Club
Our Job Finding Club is a free three-week program that can give you the 'edge' when it comes to searching for employment.
- Learn how to market themselves to employers
- Develop a winning resume and cover letter
- Learn the importance of networking
- Learn about transferable skills
- Learn about the Do's and Don'ts at Job Interviews
- Group support and individual coaching
- First Impressions
For more information on upcoming classes, please contact us at (518) 358-3047.
Speed Networking is great way for Job Seekers to network with Business Professionals from various sectors. It is a fun, exciting and effective way to meet new people in a social setting.
- Meet new and interesting people that can help with your job search
- Discover the power of networking and put your skills to use
- Network with more people in one place in a short amount of time
- Learn about local companies and organizations
- Develop your communication and presentation skills
For more details on upcoming events, please contact us at (518) 358-3047.