- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Open Until Filled
Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Type: Childcare & Social Services
Job Code: 39-1021 Status: Permanent Full Time Exempt: No Location: IRA Department: IRA Reports To: IRA Manager
SUMMARY: The Residence Supervisor reports to the IRA Manager. The Residence Supervisor will work with the IRA Manager in developing and implementing program policies and procedures for one Individualized Residential Alternative(IRA). The Residence Supervisor will assist in developing and overseeing program budgets. The Residence Supervisor will provide direct supervision, support and guidance to a team of habilitation aides.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise direct support personnel.
- Interviews, recruits, or hires employees.
- Observes workers to evaluate performance and ensures work meets established standards and core competencies.
- Instructs, trains, and coordinates agency staff or volunteers in skills required to provide services, and ensures adequate coverage for operation of the home.
- Confers with IRA employees, consultant staff, Care Managers, other agency staff as well as the consumers to determine programming needs.
- At all times, serves as an active and integral member of a multi-disciplinary team with a complete focus to meet program needs and enhance the quality of services provided to the individuals we serve.
- Records pertinent information with regard to personnel and consumer programming.
- Coordinate, implement and monitor consumer’s Life Plan. Ensure adequate documentation of services for billing purposes.
- Participate in IRA activities to ensure that consumers develop good socialization skills and to ensure community integration and inclusion through planned recreational activities.
- Inspect IRA physical plant monthly and document compliance with emergency preparedness plans, fire safety and all other life safety codes.
- Communicate any concerns with regard to operation of the IRA to the IRA Manager and work cooperatively to achieve resolution.
- Report all incidents, unusual occurrences, accidents or illnesses to the IRA Manager and document in required format.
- Ensure program compliance with OPWDD IRA regulations and St. Regis Mohawk Tribe policies and procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Residence Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of a team of Direct Support Professionals. This includes scheduling, activity planning, and providing staff with direct supervision during the course of service delivery and other tasks associated with the daily operation of the IRA house.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of three years of documented work experience in the field of developmental disabilities, mental health or related field working with disabilities OR equivalent supervisory experience/education. An Associate’s Degree in Human Services or a related field is preferred but not required. A strong understanding of computer use, particularly with regard to electronic documentation is preferred.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communication skills required. Must have excellent computer skills including word, excel, and experience with varying databases. Computer testing in the applicable skills may be a requirement during the interview process. Maintain close, daily contact with the IRA Manager to interpret and explain organizational mission, Division objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. This position requires evening, weekend and holiday work hours.
This position mandates employees to report to or remain at work in the event of an emergency, crisis situation or staff shortage until relieved by their immediate supervisor.
The Residence Supervisor shall have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Possession of a valid State Driver License in accordance with Fleet Policy.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to email@example.com or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.