- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Dialysis Registered Nurse
Open Until Filled
Employer: Massena Hospital
Type: Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary, Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Required: Valid, current NYS RN license, AHA BLS
- Assesses patient by performing a functional Health pattern/physical assessment on all patients as indicated when he/she presents for treatment/clinic visit, when a significant change in condition occurs, and as other occasions dictate the need.
- Explains to patients and family the general procedures in Dialysis. Answers questions, provides emotional support, and provides patient/family education regarding care such as skin care, dressing care and other factors related to patient’s care during treatment.
- Verifies and/or transcribes and implements physician orders.
- Develops/revises plan of care to include discharge plan that prescribes nursing actions to achieve age-specific outcome goals for the patient.
- Provides nursing care to the patient requiring monitoring/intervention with “Point of Care Testing” i.e. fingersticks, stool/gastric testing; patient care devices, i.e. suction apparatus, dialysis equipment; input/output tubes/devices i.e. NG tubes, urinary drains; and other such devices/treatments.
- Provides various nursing care services as needed such as Pain Management; Blood/Blood Product Therapy; Respiratory Therapy Modalities; Tracheostomy or other suctioning; Specimens; IV Therapy, etc.
- Positions, lifts, transfers, and transports patients as needed.
- Located in Massena, New York
How to Apply:
- Submit a resume, cover letter, and supporting documents within an online application to the link below.
If you would like assistance with applying to this position please complete the form below.
Address: Massena, NY