- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Open Until Filled
Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Type: Construction, Farm & Trades
Job Code: 49-9071 Salary Level: $31,241.60 - $47,902.40 (5%) Exempt: No Location: Facilities Management Division Department: Facilities Reports To: Crew Leader
SUMMARY: The SRMT Laborer Services performs skilled intermediate to advanced carpentry repair and service work and is an important team member for construction, renovations, alterations and finish quality workmanship. The Laborer, is a team member who performs asset maintenance, service and repair within the Facilities Maintenance Department by servicing, constructing and repairing all buildings, structures and grounds of the SRMT, to ensure assets are in good state of repair for the safety, general occupancy and security of staff, clients, and community members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Perform, assigned work orders to specific to assets for service and repair, to include all aspects of carpentry, general masonry and or concrete work repair,
- Performs minor and major renovations alterations and or construction projects as assigned,
- Constructs, Installs, removes and or relocates office equipment and furnishings as required,
- Lead by example while enhancing skill sets of newer, subordinate employees with clear and consistent communications on work effort and tasks, provides onsite leadership as needed,
- Exhibits a professional and courteous demeanor at all times with colleagues, clients, and community members,
- Ensures work effort and standards and repairs are of the highest quality on assigned projects, that they are completed on schedule and on budget,
- Attends training as directed for general competency improvement such as carpentry, plumbing, landscape, concrete work as needed based on assigned maintenance activity,
- Operate all aspects of carpentry tools and equipment in the performance of the job to include as may be required,
- Operation of heavy equipment in support of maintenance projects under way, such as back-hoe, fork lift, skid steer, and or other equipment as needed or required,
- Follows established guidelines and directives as issued by the SRMT, and Supervisor for maintenance procedures and processes for the task at hand,
- Ensures compliance to SRMT safety policy while in the performance of daily duties and tasks, wears approved and assigned safety equipment,
- Ensures all required documentation is turned in at the end of the workday; receipts, work orders, incident reports, etc.
- Performs general carpentry service and repairs to include but not limited to rough framing, concrete installation and repairs, millwork, door and window installation and finish carpentry to include drywall and painting,
- Participates in review of work tasks, makes recommendations to the Supervisor or work team regarding replacement or repair specific to service being performed,
- Prepares material estimates and or drafts scopes of work to assist in budging for assigned projects,
- Is responsible for tools and equipment assigned, adheres to the ‘Tool Crib’ equipment and tool sign out and return program when additional tools are required for any project,
- Will assist as needed in general trade services specific to building construction and repair to include but not limited to electrical, plumbing, masonry or HVAC general service and installation as may be required from time to time,
- Assist in and perform grounds keeping duties as may be assigned intermittently
- Participate in snow clearing of all Tribal facilities we are assigned to maintain, to include snow plowing, clearing, sanding and salting of access side walks and drive ways during winter months as needed
- Participates in the Facilities Maintenance Departments ‘On Call’ program for after hours operations as assigned,
- Adheres to all Tribal policies and directives,
- Willing to work after ours/ weekends and or emergencies as may be required form time to time or as scheduled,
- Other intermittent duties as may be required from time to time,
Intermittently supervises assigned work force when required, carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include planning and directing the work when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Grade 12 or equivalent, 5 years or more hands on experience in general construction trades to include rough / finished carpentry, drywall and painting, basic plumbing experience, concrete/ form work knowledge. The ideal candidate will have formal training in related trades/ field from an accredited training program to include no less than 1 year of operational experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb
- Travel to off-site locations may be required
- Safety equipment will be required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors, heat-cold variable conditions
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations in a fast paced fluid environment. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified Native applicants.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Be 18 years of age with a valid driver’s license in accordance with the SRMT Vehicle Fleet Policy.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.