- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Campus Safety Officer
Open Until Filled
Employer: Paul Smith's College
Type: Education & Training, Inspector, Officer & Research
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age with appropriate experience.
- Must be certified, or able to obtain certification upon employment, as a New York State Security Guard, including passing a background investigation, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must possess, or be able to obtain, a New York State Driver’s license and have a driving record that is acceptable to our insurance carrier.
- Must be certified, or able to obtain certifications upon employment for Basic First Aid, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Emergency Oxygen Administration, Naloxone (Narcan) Administration, Blood Borne Pathogens, Mental Health First Aid, and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Must have taken, or be able to attend upon employment, the OSHA 10 Hour General Industry Course.
- College level experience preferred.
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs. for 50 feet.
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, and to walk distances in the various campus environments.
- Able to perform patrols via patrol vehicle, bicycle, and foot.
- Possess strong interpersonal, problem-solving, and listening skills, with attention to details.
- Ability to provide clear verbal and written communication, in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to determine work priorities, and to make rapid and appropriate decisions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Able to work various shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be reachable during off duty hours, for shift coverage and emergencies.
- Located in Paul Smiths, New York
- Pay Rate: $16.00
How to Apply:
- Applicants should complete the online application and submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
If you would like assistance with applying to this position please complete the form below.
Address: 7833 New York 30
Paul Smith's NY 12970
Phone: (518) 327-6400
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of creative, motivated and engaged individuals whose leadership and contributions support the College’s mission and values. We aspire to be responsive and respectful of individual needs, to serve as a reliable source of information, and to promote the interests of all members of our community.