- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Behavioral Health Director
Open Until Filled
Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Type: Fitness & Healthcare Services
Job Code: 11-9111 Salary: $67,204.80-110,510.40
Exempt: Yes Location: Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services
Department: Administration Reports To: Health Director, SRMHS
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direct supervision of the Health Director of the Saint Regis Mohawk Health Services Division, the Director will direct, supervise and coordinate all aspects of the program – philosophy, therapeutic treatment, education and prevention activities within the Behavioral Health Program. The Director is tasked with unifying and managing sub-programs at all facilities. This requires a blend of both managerial and clinical understanding, as well as the ability to collaborate across departments and facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following:
• Insure that program Policies and Procedures and OASAS/OMH Regulations are being followed in each treatment modality;
• Monitor the billing process to ensure that Medicaid and Private Insurance is being billed properly;
• Insure that the programs are meeting the requirements for re-licensing and that there is a corrective action plan submitted if cited;
• Supervise the maintenance and up keep of the Behavioral Health offices and buildings;
• Coordinate program data collection and statistics gathering with Mental Health and AC/DP Program Managers
• Aid in coordination of staff in regards to professional development, job performance, personal issues and motivation.
• Work with a wide variety of stakeholders: physicians, nurses, social workers, administrative staff, patients, families, and partnered social services
• Work with budget analysis to develop, implement and reconcile all funding
• Coordinate and supervise all documentation of services provided, case record keeping, reporting, referrals, follow-up and aftercare;
• Supervise the counselor case work;
• Provide client case consultation as necessary;
• Attend weekly Treatment Team, Case Consultation and Utilization Review meetings.
• Insure credentialing and recredentialling of staff is completed on time;
• Provide educational in-services for program staff as necessary for efficient operation of program functions;
• Liaise with referral agencies and service agencies as required;
• Attend Administrative meetings as required;
• Coordinate regular staff meetings;
• Ensure the requirements of IHS, OASAS, OMH, and other funding source contracts as pertaining to alcohol and chemical dependency and mental health are addressed as required.
• Align budgets facility’s public and private income streams
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
• Designing and implementing programs of development and marketing
• Working with senior leadership to determine strategic goals
• Developing systems to hire, train, and manage staff
• Coordinating with other behavioral health services in the surrounding community
• Overseeing the transition to new IT systems
• Supervise the Clinical Directors with their budgets and work scopes/work plans,
• Coordinate the staffing process (hiring, terminations, disciplinary actions) with Administration and Clinical Directors.
EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree in psychology, mental health, social work or substance abuse fields. Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Care Administration or Social Work preferred.
WORK EXPERIENCE: 5 years’ work experience in related educational field. 3 years of managerial experience in Behavioral Health, Public Health or Health Care Administration preferred.
ANY CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
• Knowledge of special treatment needs of Native Americans;
• Strong oral and written communication skills required.
• Must have good computer skills including, Word, and ability to navigate various scheduling and electronic health record programs.
• Openness in working with traditional/spiritual approaches regarding behavioral health issues.
REASONING ABILITY: Maturity and ability to handle delicate role issues and to respond to crisis.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
Subject to criminal background and child abuse/neglect checks through the New York State Justice Center and State Central Registry, respectively.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.