- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Assistant Mental Health Director
Open Until Filled
Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Type: Fitness & Healthcare Services
Job Code: 43-1011 Status: Full-time, term 4/30/27
Exempt: Exempt Location: Health Services
Department: Mental Health Reports to: Mental Health Director
SUMMARY: The Assistant Mental Health Director will assist the Mental Health Director in the coordination and delivery of services, staff and program management, coordinating communications, assisting in the development and organization of all reports and grant management, specifically the Zero Suicide Initiative and the Akwesasne Suicide Prevention, Intervention and Postvention Program and budgets. The goal will be to help facilitate the effective management of the program according to the organization’s and NYSOMH standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Apply good knowledge of office routines and procedures, as well as the knowledge of the organization, grants and programs directed by the MH Director
• Assist MH Director and Grant Coordinator with planning and coordination of the program and its activities, with a particular focus on managing the program’s Suicide Prevention grants
• Assist with development and ensure implementation of policies and practices
• Preparing documentation for grants and other funding sources
• Managing online resources and assisting with remote and telehealth services
• Assisting Mental Health Director with management of administrative staff
• Attending staff meetings and grantee meetings and taking minutes
• Attending trainings in the field of behavioral health, including suicide prevention, intervention and postvention
• Participating in the Akwesasne Coalition for Community Empowerment and Suicide Prevention Committee meetings and activities as a representative of MH
• Assist with Quality Assurance, compliance, quality improvement and incident reporting.
• Responding to emails and answering calls
• Typing letters and reports as may be required from time to time
• Proofreading and making copies of documents
• Assisting in the planning and overseeing significant events
• Assisting in managing the budget for grants as well as for special and routine events
• Acting as a liaison between different departments in Health Services
• Relaying internal emails to staff
• Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in-office meetings
• Oversee program/grant data collection, recording and reporting
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Health, Human Services or Business-related field
• 2 years of experience in office management, human services, behavioral health or business
• Mohawk Language an asse
OTHER SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Excellent organizational skills
• Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting.
• Tech savvy, proficient in MS Office and knowledge of electronic health records.
• Strong interpersonal, communication and administration skills are essential.
• A compassionate, inspiring individual, who embraces high standards, effectively leads change and who strives for continuous improvement.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job-related factor.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.