- Armed Forces, Law Enforcement & Legal
- Business, Office & Project Management
- Childcare & Social Services
- Construction, Farm & Trades
- Contract, Part-time, Seasonal & Temporary
- Customer Service
- Economic Development
- Education & Training
- Employment Referrals
- Environmental & Science
- Fitness & Healthcare Services
- Food/Beverage & Hospitality
- Inspector, Officer & Research
- Internships & Student Opportunities
- Manufacturing & Warehousing
- Volunteer Opportunities
Akwesasne Employment Resource Center
18 Eagle Drive
Akwesasne, NY 13655
Open Until Filled
Employer: Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe
Type: Childcare & Social Services
Job Code: 43-6014
Status: Full-time, permanent
$31,241.60 - $40,456.00Department: Social Services Division
Reports To: Residential Manager
SUMMARY: The administrative assistant will provide clerical and administrative support in the daily operation of the Akwesasne Group Home and will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files. In addition to clerical duties the Administrative Assistant will assist the Program Manager in organizing his/her schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Reads, sorts and routes incoming mail.
- Answers routine correspondence, locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring reply.
- Composes and types routine correspondence
- Organizes and maintains file system and files correspondence and other records
- Coordinates managers schedule and makes appointments
- Answers and screens telephone call and arranges conference calls.
- Greets visitors, staff and consumers and directs to appropriate program or person
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations
- Compiles and types statistical reports
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agenda, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for equipment maintenance.
- Reviews files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests, delivers messages and runs errands.
- Locates and attaches appropriate files to incoming correspondence requiring reply
- Coordinate schedules for training.
- Tracks the program budget, enters all invoices and expenditures
- Arranges for staff trainings and tracks completion in all staff personnel files. This includes all state I-LINC classes, First Aid, CPR, FEMA, TCI, van safety, etc.
- Ensures all van related maintenance is tracked and upkeep is maintained through the completion of necessary work orders to the maintenance department.
- Ensures all billing of resident placements to the various counties are sent monthly and recorded.
- Tracks all possible admissions and pending cases.
- Develops a program client tracking system that can be used for monthly statistical reports.
- Assists in the hiring process which includes:
- Ensures all state required staff physicals and PPD tests are completed and recorded in personnel files.
- Tracks all state and tribal required building inspections.
- Oversees accuracy of medication forms, medication counts and refills.
- Will always Promote SRMT in a positive manner.
- Screens applicants for required education and experience criteria.
- Prepares and sends screen out letters.
- Prepares check requests for new SCR’s, and finger printing.
- Prepares new employee personnel files for the Program Manager and sets up orientation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: There are no supervisory responsibilities with this position.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the sensitive nature of information and personal files maintained within Social Service Division, we must always maintain strict confidentiality.
EDUCATION and /or EXPERIENCE: Minimum a High School diploma or GED with a minimum of one year of office and secretarial work. Preferred a two-yr. certificate/ Associates degree in related field. Some experience working with confidential setting.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES: Strong communication skills, both oral and written; Ability to deal effectively with professional staff; Extensive knowledge of asset management including financial resources and property, Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; Shall have ability to quickly acquire or have working knowledge of grants and contracts; Must have skill to learn and apply federal and state statutes and regulations impacting the Programs of the Division.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to express ideas and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Must be at least 18 years of age, have and maintain a valid driver’s license with a clean driver abstract in accordance with the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s Fleet Policy.
The successful candidate must pass a test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
The successful candidate must pass a criminal background check, as well as, a State Central Registry Clearance prior to employment.
Applicants must submit letter of interest, resume, supporting documents (certificates, degrees, licenses) and proof of native preference eligibility (Tribal Identification Card or Status Card or letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Human Resources, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, 71 Margaret Terrance Memorial Way, Akwesasne, NY 13655. Due to our network security, we are unable to open hyperlinks. Applicants will need to attach their documents as PDF or WORD files if emailing. Applicants must clearly outline that they meet the qualification requirements on their resume.
NATIVE PREFERENCE POLICY
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe strives to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to the policy of nondiscrimination based on race, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, physical disability, veteran status or any other non-job related factor. Among qualified applicants, the SRMT will give preference to the qualified native applicant.
DRUG TESTING POLICY
The successful applicant for employment must submit to and pass a drug test for illegal substances prior to employment being confirmed.
Some positions require candidate(s) to successfully pass a criminal background check prior to beginning employment, used solely for employment related purposes.
A list of qualified candidates is created from interviews that may be used to appoint individuals to similar positions within the Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe for a period of six months.
Testing in the applicable skills may be required as part of the interview process.
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribal Council is the duly elected and recognized government of the Mohawk people. Both New York State and the United States deal exclusively with the Tribal Council Chiefs in a government-to-government relationship.